Ohio’s aggressive incentive programs help you establish and grow business success.
Ohio, and the West Central Ohio Industrial Center, boast an impressive menu of incentive programs to attract and retain business. State and local tax incentives, grants, and low-interest financing offer your business the opportunity to reduce risk, encourage investment, and grow profits.
These are the programs designed to help you succeed in Ohio:
Third Frontier Program
Ohio’s largest-ever commitment ($1.6 billion) to high-tech job creation, designed to promote economic growth by expanding the availability of investment capital needed to form new companies, supporting product innovation in established companies, facilitating commercialization of new products, and finding collaborative partners between private companies and Ohio’s universities; the Third Frontier offers twenty innovative funding programs.
Edison Technology Centers
Seven centers, located throughout Ohio, provide a variety of product and process innovation and commercialization services to both established and early-stage, technology-based companies.
Wright Centers of Innovation
Centers combine resources of higher education institutions, non-profit research centers, and private companies in Ohio through various grant-funded projects.
Grant & Low Interest Loan Programs
Designed to help build your facility and buy your equipment
- Ohio Research Commercialization Grants
- Emerging Technology Grants
- Business Developments Grants
- Alternative Fuel Transportation Grants
- Advanced Energy Grants
- Community Development Block Grants
- Rapid Outreach Grants
- Roadwork Development Grants
- Ohio Rail Development Grants
- Ohio Enterprise Bond Fund
- 166 Direct Loan Program
- Innovation Ohio Loan Fund Program
- Research and Development Investment Loan Fund Program
- Advanced Energy Loan Program
Tax Credit Programs
Designed to reduce your initial costs and provide for long term success
- Job Creation Tax Credit
- Job Retention Tax Credit
- Research and Development Investment Tax Credit
- Technology Investment Tax Credit
- Local Property Tax Abatements
- Warehouse Machinery and Equipment Sales Tax Exemptions
- Local Tax Increment Financing District